Blogging is a great way to interact with your target audience and make a few extra bucks each month. Thanks to open source blogging scripts and services, setting up a robust website is quite easy these days. However, the technical aspects of blogging still scare away a lot of people.
In this post I will be sharing some simple ways to create a blog site.
Sites like Blogger and WordPress.com allow you to create blogs for free. The features offered by these services are quite powerful and most of the times you are not forced to put advertisements on your site.
- Since you don’t have to pay anything to the service provider, you can spend your money on other important things like advertising etc.
- Popular blogging services host all the blogs on high-speed, cloud servers which means that each site gives maximum performance and stays online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- You don’t have a lot of control over your blog. You can change the appearance but you can’t make changes to the source code or structure.
- In most cases free sites don’t come with any SEO features so it is quite difficult to get ranked.
- Since a lot of spammers are using these services, you can’t leave a good impression on your visitors.
- The biggest problem is that your site depends on a third-party. If your content is even remotely questionable, your service provider might delete your site. Google’s Blogger has very strict policies in this regard.
Using premium services
Premium services address most of the above mentioned problems. You can use your own domain name, design and code. However you are still dependent on a third-party.
- Premium services allow you to create your blog in the easiest way possible. The service provider takes care of all important chores like installation, security, script management etc. You can concentrate on the things that really matter like content creation, marketing and link building.
- These services are very reliable and trust worthy.
- Most of the times premium blogs cost a lot of money, especially when you look at the amount of available resources and features. Building an independent website is much cheaper.
Open Source Scripts
Creating an independent website is the best way to reach your online audience. These days doing this is amazingly easy. You might face some difficulties in the beginning but once you have figured out the basics, you can easily manage everything.
- In recent years, web hosting prices have dropped dramatically. Same is true for domain names. Therefore, creating a blog isn’t expensive at all. In fact it is much cheaper than premium services mentioned above.
- When you are managing everything by yourself, you can make any changes you want. No one can keep you form anything.
Hopefully the information given in this article will get you started. For more tips and tricks subscribe to our RSS feed.