It can be incredibly difficult to keep the attention of a site viewer. Humans have proven to be very easily distracted, and because of this, it is very important for a site owner to keep a person’s undying focus. But how do you do such a thing?
Nobody is looking to come home from a full day of work just to have to work again. There are tons of articles on the internet and many are filled with fantastic content. They can be informative, entertaining, or possibly even both. However, at the end of the day, a block of text is still a block of text. As great as an article may be, reading through a wall of text can be an incredibly daunting task that can feel like an incredibly daunting chore. Some people just fail to have the attention span to read even the most interesting article in the world. It’s understandable after a long day, but it can mean bad news for your website and business. However, there is something you can do to ensure success.
Most people tend to enjoy visuals. There are a ton of videos being uploaded and watched every single day on YouTube alone. Not everybody wants to come home and work their way through a ton of text on a webpage, but the majority of people do enjoy coming home and watching a video or two. So, the next time you find your site’s traffic plummeting, consider uploading a video instead of a lengthy paragraph of text. It truly may just save your business.
Stumble Upon is an amazing website that gives you a chance to explore new and interesting content from different websites. Its voting system quite similar to other social bookmarking sites like Digg and Reddit. With sufficient votes your webpage can go viral and get thousands of direct visitors.
If you want to get cheap traffic then StumbleUpon Paid Discovery can help you. It is one of the most popular advertising programs on the internet. Following are some of its pros and cons:
- As compared to other advertising platforms StumbleUpon is very cheap. The lowest price is $0.05 per visitor. In other words you can get a 1000 visitors for just $50.
- There is no such thing as click through rate. Every visitor lands directly on your website.
- If your content is interesting it might get up votes and additional visitors for free. In many cases the advertiser ends up getting a lot more traffic than he paid for.
- For maximum performance you can target people on the basis of interests, location and demographics.
- You can easily integrate the system with your Google Analytics account to monitor and optimize the performance of your campaign.
- This advertising system only works well with certain types of content. If you are promoting a product or service you might not get the expected results.
- If your content is not interesting enough, most people will go away in the first few seconds and your bounce rate will increase considerably.
If you are thinking about starting an advertising campaign on Stumble Upon then you need to be very careful. Try to weigh all the advantages and disadvantages before putting your hard earned money on the line. It might be a good idea to run a test campaign first and proceed on the basis of its results.